Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Internet Direct News <news@herald.direct.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 1994 12:31:49 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: kirkh@indirect.com (Lee Kirk Hawley)
Subject: Re: Why TRS Is Not A Success
Sender: news@news.direct.net (Internet Direct News)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 1994 19:31:40 GMT

Tippi Chai (aj796@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

: In a previous article, fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) says:

: Kate doesn't care.  All she wants to do is to create artistically.
: She keeps saying that she is "surprised" and "honoured" that people
: buy her records faithfully etc.   Involved in the performing arts myself,
: I know the satisfaction you get when you feel that there are at least
: *some* people who are moved by what you do, no matter if you didn't get
: a full house or are being panned by critics.

: >A restricted number of interviews and a few personal
: >appearances are not going to do it, no matter how valid the reasons for
: >the limits.

If she doesn't keep her sales above a certain level she will eventually
lose the ability to create artistically. Or at least the ability
to share her creations with anybody. Try getting ahold of her
next album after Columbia drops her and nobody else will sign her.
For that reason I wish she would pay more attention to marketing.

--
The ghost of electricity                                   Kirk Hawley
howls in the bones                                         kirkh@indirect.c