Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why TRS Is Not A Success

From: aj796@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tippi Chai)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 11:29:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Why TRS Is Not A Success
To: <rec-music-gaffa@math.waterloo.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

In a previous article, fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) says:

>- Kate does not know who her audience is beyond the severely fan-afflicted
>but I don't get the sense that she is terribly aware of what there is on
>the market that she is competing with.

Kate doesn't care.  All she wants to do is to create artistically.
She keeps saying that she is "surprised" and "honoured" that people
buy her records faithfully etc.   Involved in the performing arts myself,
I know the satisfaction you get when you feel that there are at least
*some* people who are moved by what you do, no matter if you didn't get
a full house or are being panned by critics.

>A restricted number of interviews and a few personal
>appearances are not going to do it, no matter how valid the reasons for
>the limits.

She prizes her privacy *WAY* above the number of record she sells.

>Flame me now and believe me later....

Not a flame, just personal observations.
--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada             aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"It's really happenin' to ya!" Kate Bush    "My past is warpaint" Happy Rhodes