Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (no subject given!)

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 17:48:03 GMT
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <9402172300.AA09236@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>
news@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (USENET News) writes:

>>>   Just my opinion, but I think that "the dreaming isn't "Macabre humor,"
>>>   but rather a statement about the stealing of Australia from
>>>   the Aboriginals...

>> Yeah, stop arguing--you're both right.

>   Goodness, no need to get bitchy..t'was only trying to possibly inject
>   a bit of helthy discussion and interpretation into things.

I certainly encourage you to do all the injecting you want to, but
when you do, please don't post nonsensical sentences like "'The
Dreaming' isn't 'macabre humor,' but rather a statement about the
stealing of Australia from the Aboriginals..."  First of all, you seem
to be implying that a song couldn't possibly contain black humor and
be a song about the stealing of Australia from the Aboriginals.  This
implication is a priori false.  Secondly, the song "The Dreaming" is
in fact a perfect example of a song that does use black humor to make