Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why TRS Is Not A Success

From: rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 05:04:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Why TRS Is Not A Success
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In article <Pine.3.05.9402161732.A18118-c100000@atlas.cs.upei.ca>, Fiona McQuarrie (fm) writes:

fm> Flame me now and believe me later....

No flame, but I'm at a total loss as to why you think it should matter
how TRS behaved in the charts. Most everything I listen to regularly
has never been anywhere near the charts, by those standards TRS is a
blazing commercial success. Stayed in the UK charts long enough and
high enough to be down right embarassing to buy.

I suspect it wouldn't be possible for KaTe to have a big single hit in
the US with anything that we wouldn't find embarassing. It would have
to be aimed squarely at the single buying public, which means 13 year
olds. On the whole, I'd be happier for the effort to go into songs
aimed at, er, slightly more mature listeners :-).

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk		Where's me zimmer frame...