Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: You're The One -- NOT

From: mhanley@bt-sys.bt.co.uk (Martin Hanley)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 08:10:09 +0000
Subject: Re: You're The One -- NOT
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Mike Gallaher asserts:
> Got to agree, Doug; "You're the One" is the "Reaching Out" of this CD.
> Several things about it annoy me:
>
> 1) The pronunciation "Ev'rythin'"  NOONE in real life drops the final
>    g from the word "everything."  Kate's never heard anyone do it, Kate
>    doesn't do it, she never has sang it that way, so why such an annoying
>    affectation?

Because some people *do* drop the 'g'. I do. So does a large part of
the South East ("Sarf East") of England. In fact, many go further and
replace the "th" with "f" - "ev'ryfin". Lovely.

PS: the Ninth Wave *is* aural perfection :-)

<martin
--
Martin Hanley                           "Don't let debuggers get you down."
mhanley@bt-sys.bt.co.uk                              - Michael Mates (almost)