Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate is 'darling of the year 1993'

From: dunker@Lise.Unit.NO (Thomas Dunker)
Date: 16 Feb 1994 11:40:58 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate is 'darling of the year 1993'
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0pVPDd-000ADXC@zoodle.robin.de>, uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel) writes:
 > The pop poll 93 of the German magazine Musikexpress/sounds (2/94) has Kate
 > at the top of the vote list in the category 'darling of the year'. I don't know
 > how that vote took place, but I presume that me/sounds gave a list of
 > people/bands in each of the many categories, and in one Kate is on top:
 >
 > Darling of the year:
 > --------------------
 >  1. Kate Bush (22.5%)
 >  2. Madonna (14.5%)
 >  3. Bjoerk (11.0%)
 >  4. Kim Wilde (11.0%)
 >  5. Mariah Carey (8.5%)
 >  6. Nina Hagen (7.6%)
 >  7. Vanessa Paradis (7.6%)
 >  8. Cher (5.8%)
 >  9. Linda Perry (5.8%)
 > 10. Janet Jackson (5.6%)
 >
 > Since the percentages sum up to 99.9% I assume you could only choose between
 > these ten. To be at the bottom really should worry you...
 >
 > Bye,
 >
 > Uli
 >

 > --
 > An EMACS missionary is brooding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
 > disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."

 Hmm, good to see Kate on top, might as well say she's 'darling of the century',
though. I'm amused to see Janet Jackson at the bottom. Whoever nominated Nina
Hagen and Cher for 'darling of the year' must be really sick. But the world of pop
music is full of sick people. Good thing we have r.m.g. to turn to when we're fed
up with MTV.
 BTW, I think we already have a record of the year: Under The Pink. Need I say
more????

Tom