Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Song of Solomon (was: Sex and the single symbol)

From: aj796@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tippi Chai)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 00:59:14 -0500
Subject: Re: The Song of Solomon (was: Sex and the single symbol)
To: <rec-music-gaffa@math.waterloo.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

In a previous article, nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan) says:

>Does anyone know what the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley
>are?

[Hi |>oug!]

The Rose of Sharon is a hardy Hibiscus (or Mallow).  Lily of the Valley
is a small plant with white bell-shaped flowers which are incredibly
fragrant.  I still have not yet located any sources which would give
a clue as to how they fit in the song.

--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada             aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"It's really happenin' to ya!" Kate Bush    "My past is warpaint" Happy Rhodes