Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

>>The Dreaming - is it #1?

From: tigrlily@rose.brandeis.edu (Amy Hasbrouck)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 23:50:12 GMT
Subject: >>The Dreaming - is it #1?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@news.cs.brandeis.edu (USENET News System)

Just to throw in my two cents...

I think "The Dreaming" is one of Kate's best, if not the best.  Her
mixing of musical styles, her willingness to go beyond what others had
done before, not so much in weirdness per se as in combining diverse
styles.  Further I think it is a good showcase for her voice, in that
she exercises the (here's that word again) diverse range of expression.
I particularly like "Get out of my House" because of it's interesting
take on one woman's solution to an eternal woman's problem -- men.

Tee hee hee

Anyway.  I appreciate "The Ninth Wave" for many of the same reasons, but
I was never as spellbound as when some friends brought over the advance
single "The Dreaming" and played it for me.  Ah, that was a moment!

-AH