Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CD errors

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 1994 18:04:00 +0100
Subject: Re: CD errors
To: davisg@ava.bcc.orst.edu (Glen Davis)
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Glen said:
> I was finally able to get a copy of This Womans Live Work.  It arrived
> yesterday.  (Its a boot CD with most of KaTe's TV live appearances, for those
> who haven't heard of this).  I agree with earlier postings... mostly pretty
> bad recordings but worth having if you must have all her live stuff.  I'd like
> to know if everybody elses has 2 recording errors (blank spots for about 2
> seconds) in Ran Tan Waltz and 2 more quick ones in Wedding List?  This bums me
> out as Wedding List is one of my faves.  Did I get a particularly bad pressing
> or is this on all the copies?

Yes, at least me and one other copy I've heard complains about have this problem.
Butterfly Kisses, which also holds the two tracks in question, has them without
these errors. And also without the nasty fade in/out that's going on throughout
This Woman's Live Work.

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionary is brooding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."