Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: In denial? Pah!

From: larry@csccat.cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: 5 Feb 94 11:25:13 CST (Sat)
Subject: Re: In denial? Pah!
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@netcom.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9402050222.AA23289@pilot.njin.net> Vickie writes:

>TRS isn't my favorite
>Kate album...never will be. "The Dreaming" holds that spot, and always
>will.

But then:

>I'm not one
>to hold Kate to any expectations *I* might have for what she's *supposed*
>to do.

Sounds like you expect Kate to keep making records that are inferior to
_TD_... either that or you're so fixated on old releases that you couldn't
recognize it if she _did_ put out something as good or better than _TD_?
Yow, _I'm_ more than a bit of a Kate Cynic, but I'd give her a chance to
pull off a masterpiece again (_TRS_ ain't it, though)...

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat.cs.com