Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hips and Makers

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 4 Feb 1994 23:40:42 -0600
Subject: Re: Hips and Makers
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

drk@leland.Stanford.EDU (David Koehler) writes:
>           This fits the songs perfectly, since they are classic Kristin
>(ie. lots of angst and pain).  REM's Michael Stipe sings back-up on the
>first track and actually does a decent job (my personal bias against his
>regular band notwithstanding).  :-)

Good to hear.  I saw the video for this song, and thought it was excellent
(though it seemed a bit repetetive, I somehow didn't mind).  Since you
recommend the rest of it, I'll probably be picking it up.  The harmonies
with Stipe are really spine-tingling.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
                                Ma gavte la nata