Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ALain Stivell

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 1994 11:20:00 +0100
Subject: Re: ALain Stivell
To: denneuli@lifl.fr
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> This album is called "Again" and is made from old songs re-recorded. Kate
> participates on one of them(backing vocals and keyboards). If you have

> trouble to find it I can give you the complete reference(I think Alan is
> well distributed in the US now).

Could you please gimme that information too so that I can
a) order the disc
b) put the information into the Kate discography?

> The same guy told me that copies of the Kate/Gabriel sessions were in
> circulation among fans. Anyone here have them ?

There are several Kate/Gabriel sessions. Three songs have been published
on Peter's albums (No Self Control, Games Without Frontiers, Don't Give Up),
the former two of these have been published in German versions (Keine
Selbstkontrolle, Spiel ohne Grenzen). Another session was the 1979 BBC
Christmas Special 'Kate' which featured Peter with 'Another Day' (duet with
Kate of the Roy Harper song) and 'Here Comes The Flood'. This is 'availlable'
on video (not officially) and on several bootlegs. More collaboration
can be found in the Bill Duffield Benefiz concert at the end of Kate's
tour where Kate, Peter and Steve Harley performed several songs together.
There's a bootleg LP (If You Could See Me Fly) which contains 'The Girl/Man
With The Child In Her/His Eyes' (all three), 'I don't Remember', 'D.I.Y.' (Peter
with Kate on BVs), 'Make Me Smile' (Steve Harley with Kate & Peter on BVs),
and 'Let It Be' (Kate & Peter on vocals). Furthermore there was a session
of Kate and Peter where they recorded at least one song (Ibizza) which, to
my knowledge, hasn't been heard by fans. Oh yes, and not to forget the Peter
Gabriel concert where Peter sang 'Don't Give Up' and Kate came out of the
audience and joined in. This is at least availlable on the bootleg CD 'This
Woman's Live Work'.

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionary is brooding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."