Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katefans

From: vnozick@merle.acns.nwu.edu (Valerie Nozick)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 94 17:38:57 -0600
Subject: Katefans
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Steve Berlin said:
>Also, Fans of Kate Bush call themselves Lovehounds, Lionhearts, or
>(my favorite) KateFans.  Fans of Happy Rhodes are Ectophiles.  What
>are Tori Fans called?  (Somehow, "Torifan" doesn't make it - it sounds
>like an Italian chocolate bar).

Hmm...ToriBabe? Or maybe The Toriettes?  Pretty torrible ideas, no?  :-)

Sorry about the problems finding the CD in California.  Perhaps you need to
shake things up down there.  (sorry -- I couldn't resist!)
In truth, all my sympathies go out to you, since this is one incredible
album.  Every person out there should own it, and if you don't already own
it, shame on you!  Go on...get up from your terminal.  Ease yourself up.
Yeah, that's right.  Now go to the nearest record store and buy the damned
thing!

1 1/2 hrs. later (after hearing UtP):
Now don't you feel better already?

>On a different note, some folks expressed surprise at Kate liking Frank
>Zappa in general, and his album "Overnite Sensation" is specific.  I'm
>surprised no one pointed out that Kate played "Montana" (From that album) on
>her 1981 New Years' radio show.

Really?  Do you or anyone have a tape of it to maybe pass along in a tape
tree?  I'd really love to hear this.  (And not knowing about it offends my
kate collecting sensibilities).

Valerie Nozick                                      vnozick@merle.acns.nwu.edu

"Basically we're really a bunch of rock 'n' roll cliches who just wanna get
drunk and have a good time." -- John Taylor of Duran Duran
(don't you just love when the old quotes come back to haunt you?)

"Just being alive, it can really hurt.  And these moments given are a gift
from time." -- Kate Bush
==