Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Novercia

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 13:44:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Novercia
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Novercia is a Latin word which literally means <she who is new> which is
exactly what Kate was in the music world way back when they formed the
company.  Clever . . .

The Latins used the word to mean what we call <stepmother>, equally clever
since Kate used Novercia in place of EMI -- ostentibly to hold EMI at
armslength; therefore if EMI had been her music industry "mother" up to
that point, Novercia became her replacement or "stepmother" in the
industry.

That news about the pending release of a Canadian TLTCTC video is the
best news I've had since finding out they'd show it in Berkeley.  Now
watch, we'll all buy it and then Columbia will come out with some other
edit of the videos we'll also have to buy!  ARGH!

Bye the way, that innocent who asked what to call a Tori fan is really
tempting fate . . . I can think of several creative appellations, mainly
having to do with her habit of grinding her pudendum into the piano bench
and possible relationship of that action with the unpalatable mating habits
of . . . oh, well, never mind ;}

Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com