Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Not-so-little Earthquakes

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 11:44:47 PST
Subject: Not-so-little Earthquakes
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hey!

I didn't see anyone else complain about this in Lovehounds, so I will.
Yesterday, I rushed down to Ye Olde Record Shoppe with my filthy lucre
clutched in my sweaty hands, looking for "Under The Pink".  The nice
man at the counter said that the L.A. Earthquake was spoiling distribution,
but it should be in "sometime this week".  Yuck!  Sure, Loss of life and
billions of dollars of property damage is not good, but getting in the
way of my new Tori fix?!?  God, sometimes you just don't come through!

Also, Fans of Kate Bush call themselves Lovehounds, Lionhearts, or
(my favorite) KateFans.  Fans of Happy Rhodes are Ectophiles.  What
are Tori Fans called?  (Somehow, "Torifan" doesn't make it - it sounds
like an Italian chocolate bar).

On a different note, some folks expressed surprise at Kate liking Frank
Zappa in general, and his album "Overnite Sensation" is specific.  I'm
surprised no one pointed out that Kate played "Montana" (From that album) on
her 1981 New Years' radio show.

- Stev0 the impatient

"Is that a Sears poncho or a Mexican poncho?" - Uncle Frank (R.I.P.)