Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori Amos (again, no Kate)

From: "Ottis R." <BOYD@unb.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 13:05:30 GMT
Subject: Tori Amos (again, no Kate)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@unb.ca

I don't seem to post a lot about Kate lately ... oh well, the rest
of you are carrying on quite well without my help, such as it is.

However ...

To follow up my questions from a few weeks ago regarding the Tori
Amos limited edition Cornflake Girl EP (with "A Case of You", "If 6
Was 9" and "Strange Fruit").  I was told at the time by the music
store I frequent that, yes, they were ordering both versions.  Turns
out that they didn't.  In fact, when I went back there yesterday
looking for it, the staff claimed they had never heard of it (this
from the same person I spoke to three weeks earlier, who also
claimed to be a big Tori fan).  Anyway, in frustration I went home
and phoned Warner Music Canada, got the necessary information, and
went back to the store to order it.  Now they were only too happy to
deal with me, because they didn't have to do any of the work.  (BTW,
they asked where I heard about the EP -- I mentioned r.m.gaffa and
what it was -- the guy thought it was a great idea except he seemed
to be thrown for a loop: "a WHOLE newsgroup dedicated to Kate
Bush?!?!")
Anyway, long story slightly shorter: I should be receiving
the ltd ed "Cornflake Girl" EP sometime between now and, oh ...
June.      :)

For those of you outside Europe who may be having trouble finding
this release, the relevant info is as follows:

    Tori Amos  CORNFLAKE GIRL  "limited edition"
    Label:  EastWest / Warner Music UK Ltd. / WEA International Inc.
    Product no.:  0-7567-85688-2-4
    Released: (Europe only)  1 February, 1994

-- me.