Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: RBG CD, and Chris Williams..

From: freeform@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 94 01:46:42 EST
Subject: re: RBG CD, and Chris Williams..
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: "freeform" <freeform@aol.com>

Michael Fischer wrote:

   >>My CD single of RBG just has RBG, Big Stripey Lie, and    another
version of RBG.

   No Christmas song.<<

That is probably the UK import of the single..
The US RBG single contains:
RBG, RBG (extended), Show A Little Devotion, and Home For Christmas..

Chris wrote:
>>   Actually, *Kate* wanted to promote the film, the record company
wanted to promote the album. Columbia exhibited zero interest in showing
the film now that Kate is back in the UK. I called the squid in charge
of arranging showings, and he told me that all showing were canceled,
and that they weren't even sure that they would even release it on tape. <<

WHAT, ARE THEY NUTS??!    I find it very annoying that the people at Columbia
seem to have no idea what Kate's fan base is like, or what to do about
promoting her.    I am sure there are loads of Kate fans who would
IMMEDIATELY go out and but a copy of the TLTCTC video the instant it hit the
shelves.   I think the film would draw a lot of interest in theatrical
release, also.    Is there someone we can all contact at Columbia to let them
know that there are people out here who are ***DYING*** to see the film???!!!

Charles