Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in Pulse

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 00:58:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Kate in Pulse
To: Rob Petrone <V1180G@TEMPLEVM.BITNET>
Cc: Love Hounds <LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET>

> I have a question...In the article, there is a little insert listing all
> Kate's albums and showing the album covers.  The album cover shown in the
> article for _The Kick Inside_ is totally different from the cover of my
> TKI CD.  Mine is a full-body photo of Kate in jeans and red leg-warmers and
> socks (and I think a button down shirt...but I could be mistaken about that)
> sitting curled up, holding her knee.  The photo of TKI in the magazine article
> is a picture of Kate from the chest up, and she seems to be wearing a pink
> tank-top (that's a sleveless t-shirt) or a pink one-piece bathing suit.
>
> Were there two album covers for TKI?

Nope. There are SIX completely different album covers for The Kick Inside:

UK: yellow with red frame, Kate pinned to an oriental kite, big eyeball
US: Kate wearing a pair of jeans and red leg warmers and sitting in a wooden box
Cnd: Kate holding her head on her hands
J: Kate wearing pink leotard
Yugoslavia: Kate wearing a white dress
Uruguay: Kate's head only

All six pictures are completely independant of each other. In addition there
are minor differences in other countries. Spanish speaking countries usually
use the UK picture but they translate the title to La Patada Interior which
they add at various positions. Also a bunch of different stickers or
'printed stickers' are on some issues, like 'limited edition picture disc',
and even this one came in two variants.

At least the UK, US, Cnd and J pictures are also availlable on CDs.

Ciao,

Uli

--
"Ich bin gluecklich verheiratet mit zwei Maedchen und einem Jungen"
- Roman Schedler in Aber Hallo, Jan. 23rd, 1993