Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate in Pulse

From: Rob Petrone <V1180G%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 12:26:34 EST
Subject: Kate in Pulse
To: Love Hounds <LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET>

As Dan Harkless mentioned, Kate is featured as the cover article in
the latest Pulse magazine.  The picture of her on the cover is absolutely
fabulous.  Some things that may be old news to this list surprised me!

Alan Murphy, her guitar player, *died* a short while ago!  That explains
the line "S'Murph, playin' his guitar refrain" from Moments of Pleasure.
Anybody know what "Dancin' down the aisle of a plain" refers to?  Or who
Bubba and Michael are?

Kate's mother Hannah is Irish!  And she also passed away recently.

The real person Lily, about whom the song is written, is the person
reciting the chant in the beginning of the song!

I have a question...In the article, there is a little insert listing all
Kate's albums and showing the album covers.  The album cover shown in the
article for _The Kick Inside_ is totally different from the cover of my
TKI CD.  Mine is a full-body photo of Kate in jeans and red leg-warmers and
socks (and I think a button down shirt...but I could be mistaken about that)
sitting curled up, holding her knee.  The photo of TKI in the magazine article
is a picture of Kate from the chest up, and she seems to be wearing a pink
tank-top (that's a sleveless t-shirt) or a pink one-piece bathing suit.

Were there two album covers for TKI?

 I don't mind if it's dangerous             : Rob Petrone (v1180g@templevm)
 I don't mind if it's raining        - Kate : Temple University
 Take me up to the top of the city     Bush : Philadelphia, PA