Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Names in MoP [Re: Kate in Pulse]

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 14:07:32 GMT
Subject: Re: Names in MoP [Re: Kate in Pulse]
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <9401270408.AA12771@oak.crl.mei.co.jp>, sozo@crl.mei.co.jp
(YAMAMOTO Sozo) writes:

> In my copy of latest `Lionheart', the Japanese fan club's newsletter,
> Shimazaki writes that:
>
> - Maureen is Kate's aunt,
> - Bubba is for Gary Hurst (dancer in '79 tour)
> - Teddy is an engineer [Teddy who?]
>
> Could anybody confirm these?
> Teddy seems to be an engineer rather than a guitarist,
> with `Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road'

As I posted a while back, "Teddy" is most likely Jon <somebody>, an
assistant engineer at Abbey Road Studios during the recording of Never
Forever.  The name "Teddy" comes from the nicknames Andrew Powell (?),
Kate and Jon gave themselves at the time (Andy Pandy, Loopy Lou and
Teddy, from the old Andy Pandy childrens' TV show). I got this from an
old KBC magazine article reproduced in The Garden.

[Hey, is r.m.g really up again?]

PS. Anybody know who Owen Bush is, who's credited with some of the
photos in the new TRS KBC mag?

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)