Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Names in MoP [Re: Kate in Pulse]

From: YAMAMOTO Sozo <sozo@crl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 13:08:55 +0900
Subject: Names in MoP [Re: Kate in Pulse]
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: sozo@oak.crl.mei.co.jp

> Date:         Mon, 24 Jan 94 12:26:34 EST
> From: Rob Petrone <V1180G%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU>
> Subject:      Kate in Pulse

> Alan Murphy, her guitar player, *died* a short while ago!  That explains
> the line "S'Murph, playin' his guitar refrain" from Moments of Pleasure.
> Anybody know what "Dancin' down the aisle of a plain" refers to?  Or who
> Bubba and Michael are?

In a former post,

| Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 02:22:58 -0400
| From: jorn@chinet.com (Jorn Barger)
| Subject: The Red Shoes FAQ #2 (w/much new info)

| Hey there Maureen      [mother? morning?]

| Hey there bubba        [brother?]
| Dancing down the aisle of a plane
| Smurph playing his guitar refrain      [Alan Murphy, Kate's longtime
| Hey there Teddy                      guitarist, who died several years ago]
| Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road
| Hey there Michael                         [Michael Powell died in 1990]
| Do you really love me?

| Hey there Bill                    [Bill Duffield, lighting man, who died at
| D'you turn the lights up?               the beginning of Kate's only tour]

In my copy of latest `Lionheart', the Japanese fan club's newsletter,
Shimazaki writes that:

- Maureen is Kate's aunt,
- Bubba is for Gary Hurst (dancer in '79 tour)
- Teddy is an engineer [Teddy who?]

Could anybody confirm these?
Teddy seems to be an engineer rather than a guitarist,
with `Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road'

Shimazaki, the leader of Japanese fan club, _boasts_ that he has
personal acquaintance with Kate's family.
So most of his statesments will be true.

I will soon report about current status of the Japanese fan club.
(at request of The Garden's editors)

 | Central Research Laboratories, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. |
 +--- sozo@crl.mei.co.jp -- Phone:+81-7749-8-2531 -- FAX:+81-7749-8-4057 --+