Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate (duh) et al

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 93 02:58:58 EST
Subject: Re: Kate (duh) et al
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) writes:

>I have been lurking here a while, but I really have to respond to this. I had
>been reading r.m.g for about a year without ever having posted anything when
>I inadvertedly posted my phone number (I thought I was replying). About a week
>later I got a call from Vickie inviting me to her Katemas party. I was someone
>that she and Chris didn't know from Adam, and they treated me very nicely.
>While it is certainly true that they are part of an "in-crowd", it is in no
>way true that they exclude other people from joining in.

I'm glad you came to the Katemas. Thanks!  The problems with misperception
wrt an "incrowd" feeling should be obvious when I say that I was scared
to call *you*. You, after all, had been in gaffa for quite a while. Chris
and I had only been on gaffa for a few months. I thought *you* were nice
to *us* by coming to our party. (I was also glad that you weren't mad
because I wrote down your phone number :-))

Vickie

ps, it's good to see you around again!