Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Size of Love-Hounds

From: kuyper@iplan.co.za (Kuyper Hoffman)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1993 10:08:06 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Size of Love-Hounds
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds)

Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU> writes:

> rfrost@jrc.flinders.edu.au (Richard J Frost) writes:
> >  to Kate at the Tower Records signings that the size of the love
> >  hounds fan club was around 30 000 members!.
>
> I'm curious where that estimate comes from.  Obvisouly the number of people
> on the mailing list could be found out.  Was the number of rec.music.gaffa
> usenet news readers an estimate from somewhere?  I remember seeing such
> an estimate for newsgroups in one of the news.* newsgroups I think.
> Can't find it at the moment though, maybe later if I care enough.

Well, even the size of the mailing list might not be accurately
estimated.  _My_ site runs a mail exploder for love-hounds as I
collect via dialup UUCP and don't want half a dozen people all
grabbing the same 1200-line or whatever digest.  Most of my exploder
members are lurkers tho (so am I most of the time :-)

Maybe the administrators of Love-Hounds-Request could let us know
how many digest and real-time members there are (even if some are
exploders).

Kuyper - still enjoying tRS; now waiting for the movie - Hoffman
--
|          Kuyper Hoffman               |  This signature contains:        |
|        kuyper@iplan.co.za             |  carbonated water, citric acid,  |