Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-53 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

An occasion for self-absorbtion

From: ruppen@kitagawa.qal.berkeley.edu (Andy Ruppenstein)
Date: 16 Dec 1993 20:05:13 GMT
Subject: An occasion for self-absorbtion
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Dave (David.Vinson@lambada.oit.unc.edu) asks:

>Please people, can't we all just get along?

Collectively, "we" probably can. It's just a few
individuals, almost always the same ones, that can't.
The obvious solution would be to put those few people
in a killfile, but problem is amongst all the dreck
they put out, there is often something worth reading.
It's a shame, really.

Rob O'Neill (robo@oregon.uoregon.edu) writes:

>All I can say (my $.02) is that this Jorn/Vickie/Chris etc. stuff is the
>most amazing shit I've ever heard about lately, outside of Oprah!

Yeah, well, soap opera that it is, they're into reruns already.
Should've been cancelled long ago due to poor ratings.

>I'd probably prefer that it all be taken elsewhere.  Perhaps we can
>set up an r.m.jorn group or something?

Well, there's already alt.flame, and if that doesn't suffice,
perhaps an alt.self-absorbed.boring.shit newsgroup would be
appropriate. If the people involved can't tell the difference
between what's appropriate for email and for a newsgroup (and
their track records have shown for the past couple of years that
they can't), then at least moving it to one of the above suggested
newsgroups might be appropriate.

ObKate: Thanks to those who posted their experiences at the NYC
Tower signing.  I enjoyed reading them.

Andy / ruppen@qal.berkeley.edu