Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-53 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The whole dumb story (Was: B'Jorn Again)

From: rhogan@chaph.usc.edu (Ron Hogan)
Date: 16 Dec 1993 11:58:09 -0800
Subject: Re: The whole dumb story (Was: B'Jorn Again)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: rhogan@chaph.usc.edu

jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger) writes:

>[This is messy, folks.  I wouldn't do this if this whole fiasco hadn't
>been *the most painful experience of my life*.

...so far.  Wait until you find out what real pain is, Jorn.

> I *need* you all to
>follow this with responsible, caring concern.

I was thoroughly prepared to do this.
But I just couldn't do it, after I got to:

>A couple of weeks later, I phoned Chris to brainstorm about how I/we
>might start a radio station.  He was so violently down on the idea,
>unwilling to give it the tiniest credibility, that I finally, after several
>warnings, hung up on him.  A few days later the "Magic wars" broke out on
>Gaffa, with Chris staying mostly on the sidelines.

Warnings?  Who's warning who?  I s Chris warning you off forming a radio
station (certainly a prudent thing to do)?  Or are you warning him of the
dire consequences of not taking Jorn seriously?

And then this whole "Magic Wars" thing, with positive and negative vibes.
You lost me right there.

>I imagined that people would notice this, and I very much wanted some
>gaffan(s) to step in and mediate.

"take my side", you mean.

>Uli's response was the most welcome, saying (paraphrase) "Chris, Jorn has
>absolutely not said anything on rmg to merit this."  But Uli then left
>for a vacation.

Are you sure that Chris didn't *make* him leave?

>It was here that Chris invaded both my *and* Vickie's privacy by putting
>a message in his .plan that contained intimate details from each of us.
>I noticed that Chris was accessing that account via Northwestern, and
>wrote Chip Lueck that if Chris didn't remove the plan I would report Chip's
>role in getting the Northwestern account.

Yes, but see, Chris has a completely legitimate account.  So you're wrong.

>And Gene Haldeman bravely volunteered to mediate, but bowed out
>mysteriously, *I believe* because Chris was totally unreasonable.

It couldn't possibly be because you're totally unreasonable, I'm sure.

>How bout we try to forgive and forget?

Excuse me while I snort derisively at your attempts at disingenuity.

Ron