Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: An occasion for self-inventory

From: David.Vinson@lambada.oit.unc.edu (david eugene vinson)
Date: 16 Dec 1993 02:52:37 GMT
Subject: Re: An occasion for self-inventory
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2eo9it$c3@mercury.mcs.com>, Jorn Barger <jorn@MCS.COM> wrote:
>In article <9312141014.AA29401@pilot.njin.net>,
>Vickie Mapes <vickie@pilot.njin.net> wrote:
>>Nobody has been "savage" except for you, Jorn. And just because you're
>>trying to keep your threats and ravings to e-mail this time, doesn't
>>mean that you get to look more "rational." [...]
>>Sending harrassing e-mail, *threatening* e-mail to anyone who you have
>>a problem with. [...]
>
>I freely admit to using strong language in email, *always* in the
>context of requests for responsibility and courage.  I look forward
>to the time when I can apologise for these extreme cries of passion,
>uttered honorably in desperation.
>
>I can only imagine two occasions that you might call threats.  One
>was a desperate threat towards the fellow who embezzled *your* net
>account, Vickie, in order to force him to act on a violation of my
>privacy.  I freely acknowledge that *I threatened to report this
>embezzlement*, and I will point out that I never acted on it, even to
>this day (which you must surely have a hard time fitting to your
>model of my motives).
>
>The other, I suspect, was telling Ron Hogan just recently that he would
>soon have to "eat his words", when he accused me of lying.  You might
>do well to look up that idiom.
>
>jorn

OK, I'm one of the new kids here, but as for this flame war, let me just
quote Kate;

"Don't want your bullshit..."

Uh, but wait a minute, I sure don't want your sexuality either...

Please people, can't we all just get along? I tell you what, I'll go out
of my way to atrract flames as a sort of a crossfire to get us off of this
ugly playground banter...

On the basis of discussions on this newsgroups, I went out and purchased
Sarah M's "Solace", and while I am pleased overall, and had actually heard
"Into the Fire" maybe a dozen times on DMX, I was very worried about the
first couplet on the album, which struck me as being terribly sophomoric.
Sheesh, "yearning to be free"? I was waiting for "We'll make a better day"
to come up next...

dave
--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information