Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: An occasion for self-inventory

From: jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger)
Date: 15 Dec 1993 18:19:41 -0600
Subject: Re: An occasion for self-inventory
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9312141014.AA29401@pilot.njin.net>,
Vickie Mapes <vickie@pilot.njin.net> wrote:
>Nobody has been "savage" except for you, Jorn. And just because you're
>trying to keep your threats and ravings to e-mail this time, doesn't
>mean that you get to look more "rational." [...]
>Sending harrassing e-mail, *threatening* e-mail to anyone who you have
>a problem with. [...]

I freely admit to using strong language in email, *always* in the
context of requests for responsibility and courage.  I look forward
to the time when I can apologise for these extreme cries of passion,
uttered honorably in desperation.

I can only imagine two occasions that you might call threats.  One
was a desperate threat towards the fellow who embezzled *your* net
account, Vickie, in order to force him to act on a violation of my
privacy.  I freely acknowledge that *I threatened to report this
embezzlement*, and I will point out that I never acted on it, even to
this day (which you must surely have a hard time fitting to your
model of my motives).

The other, I suspect, was telling Ron Hogan just recently that he would
soon have to "eat his words", when he accused me of lying.  You might
do well to look up that idiom.

jorn