Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ** QUIT POSTING GIFS!! **

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 03:40:43 -0700
Subject: Re: ** QUIT POSTING GIFS!! **
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Vickie:
> QUIT  STOP  END  SUSPEND (anyone got a thesaurus handy?)

I agree.

> I'm sure they're nice pictures, but *ASK* where to upload them so
> they'll be available via ftp. If people don't have access to ftp,
> they can e-mail you and you can e-mail them the gifs.

For those who want *any* files available by ftp but don't have ftp you
can use "ftpmail" to get stuff.  For more info write to:

ftpmail@decwrl.dec.com

and put the single word "help", without quotes, in the BODY of the
message, NOT the subject.  The subject is ignored.

Unfortunately it appears you can't upload things.  I have ftp so I
haven't explored it.  However, if you do have something that you are
pretty sure is unique then perhaps someone with ftp would help you
add it to the archives.

(Kate's RbG was just on normal MTV again.)
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?