Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CFNY and KaTe

From: sgs5332@cs.rit.edu (Stephen G Siener)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 18:08:47 GMT
Subject: Re: CFNY and KaTe
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.rit.edu (USENET News Admin)

In article <ericfCHusC6.Awu@netcom.com> ericf@netcom.com (Eric France) writes:
>Just to let everyone know (since I've been getting wierd email on this
>subject): There is a local radio station here in Rochester that broadcasts
>on the same frequency as (i.e., jams) CFNY, so chances that I will win
>tickets are ~= 0%.

Even if you could pull in the station, chances are that you would never get
through.  Even with AT&T, all the switching paths are often busy, preventing
you from even reaching their exchange.  Most of my attempts have resulted in
a fast busy signal (all lines are busy); once in a while I'd get through to
a busy signal at CFNY.  Since the listenership of CFNY is so large
(Toronto's a pretty hip city, you know), even the locals find it impossible
to get through.

Looks like your chances of winning tickets are ~= 0% anyway.

Steve