Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CFNY and KaTe

From: aj796@Freenet.carleton.ca (Tippi Chai)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 05:14:34 GMT
Subject: CFNY and KaTe
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

When I got home tonight the first thing I did was to turn the radio on,
and discovered that CFNY was running a poll on who's the most unlikely
contributor in The Red Shoes.  SO I called, and called, and called...
and I got through! but the phone rang and rang, and then I heard on the
radio that the poll was closed by that point.  The results were
(I think) Prince 5, Eric Clapton 1.  Then the DJ's rattled their list
of candidates, which included the Trio Bulgarka, and Nigel Kennedy!
And THEN they announced that their earlier comment that the film was
shown in UK is incorrect, it wasn't shown.  WELL!  I'll have nothing of that,
so I called (and called etc.) again and got thru.  So I gave them the
correct information that TLTCTC was indeed shown, my source being an
Electronic Kate Bush Fan Club, which has members who were actually there
at the  showing. They then apologized on the air, and said it was
EMI-Canada who gave them the wrong information.

Seizing my chance, I asked about the live interview on Monday night.
The show can be heard on all radio stations in North America that carry the
syndicated radio show Modern Rock Live (from WDRE).  The host of
that show will have a direct connection with Kate at CFNY, who will be taking
calls from fans at 1-800-461-1021, or (416)-870-EDGE. (CFNY FM102.1, The Edge)
CFNY is also carried on the "Anak E2" satellite for those with dishes.
The show starts at 11:00 p.m. Eastern and runs for an hour.

I don't think I'll have a chance to call KaTe, since I'll be there at
CFNY oggling thru the window, and I'll be totally sick of dialing and
dialing that number by then!   GOOD LUCK to y'all out there...

p.s. in case you were wondering, I haven't been able to win tickets to
the premier yet.  And to Eric France - if you DO win tickets, don't forget
who posted all this information ;-)

p.p.s. On the sales charts at the downtown record stores, TRS made it to
#1 at Music World, and #2 at Sam's, HMV and Sunrise.  That was about 2
weeks ago; it's slipped now to 3rd or 4th place.
--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada      aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"To where the water and the earth caress" Kate Bsuh