Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on Prodigy

From: jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger)
Date: 9 Dec 1993 23:12:45 -0600
Subject: Kate on Prodigy
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0p6uEB-000il6C@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>,
chris williams <chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>   The FAQ was an assemblage when the last poster took it over, and
>the last poster didn't write more than 50% of it, so forget any
>nonsense mail that you may have received about "copyright" or
>similar nonsense. Post it if you want. It never had a copyright
>notice in the first place, and the "author" cannot retroactivly
>copyright it.

Prodigy Chat line, December %&# 1993:

CHRISW: Hi, Kate!  We really *love* the new album!  It's great you're
doing this on Prodigy, but why don't you come visit rec.music.gaffa
sometimes too?

KATEBUSH: Hi, Chris.  I got that "F.A.Q." you sent me.  It sounds very
nice, you were so flattering!

CHRISW:  Yeah!  Although I didn't really write it myself...

KATEBUSH: Well, thanks to whoever did.  It was very sweet.

CHRISW:  Well that's Jorn.  He used to be okay, before he flipped out.
We don't see him much anymore (thank god! %)

KATEBUSH: Oh, that's a shame.  What happened to him?  He flipped out?

CHRISW: Well, yeah, it was pretty unpleasant.  He started freaking out
and attacking everyone for no reason, so we had to drive him off...

KATEBUSH: No reason?

CHRISW: Well, you know, he started saying that paranormal phenomena were
real!  And when we very nicely told him he was wrong, he started attacking
people really horribly!  He insulted Jon Drukman, and called Angelos a
"d*mb f*ck"!

KATEBUSH: And you drove him off, then?  How did you do that?

CHRISW: Well every time he said anything I told everyone what a sick,
twisted paranoid he was... like the way he treated Paul...

KATEBUSH: Paul?

CHRISW:  Well Jorn started this tapetree to get your Aspel performance
out to everybody as fast as possible, and Paul offered to help... and
Jorn called him *almost every night* to make sure it was getting done!

KATEBUSH: Was it getting done, then?

CHRISW: Well, no.  I had to take it over.

KATEBUSH:  So you got it out quicker than Jorn could?

CHRISW:  Well, no.  I couldn't do it for a month because my equipment
was in Kansas City...

KATEBUSH: But everyone agreed you should take over even though they had
to wait?

CHRISW:  Well, kind of.  I just sort of *knew* it was okay with them.
Hardly anybody objected...

KATEBUSH: So you drove this Jorn away... and he still lets you use the
FAQ he wrote?

CHRISW:  Well, no.  Not exactly.  He claims he has the right to withdraw
his words, under the circumstances... but we don't stand for that!
We're doing this for *you*!

KATEBUSH:  Well, I don't know...

CHRISW:  Well, it's been great talking to you.  I know you have to go
now, so, remember we're doing our best for you!

KATEBUSH:  Well, I really think you ought...

CHRISW:  So that was Kate Bush, in person...

KATEBUSH: I...

CHRISW:  Bye now!

[KATEBUSH] HAS LOGGED OFF.