Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Audio tape-tree: radio, TV audio

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 05:10:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Audio tape-tree: radio, TV audio
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

mk59200@ruskorastas.cs.tut.fi (Markku Kolkka) writes:
>     > I imagine most of us don't have access to satellite
>     > dishes, cable companies that carry CFNY, or live close enough to
>     > Toronto to receive the CFNY broadcast (at least I guess these
>     > are the only ways to hear it in answer to Markku).
>
> Oh, so people at CFNY are those unaware of existence of the world
> outside North America, and call their continental broadcast
> "worldwide". I should have guessed :-(

Well, even though the broadcast will be on "The Edge", which has
subscribed stations here and there, including Phoenix (KEDJ, 106.3),
many (most?) North Americans will probably be out of luck like you.  I
can just barely get some stations from Phoenix but that one is weak
and it's frequency is blocked by a station here in Tucson.  I'm lucky
I get any from there since it's about 120 miles away.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?