Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Audio tape-tree: radio, TV audio

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1993 05:45:32 -0700
Subject: Audio tape-tree: radio, TV audio
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU

Since a lot of what Kate is doing here is on the radio (Dec. 8, NY,
Z100; Dec. 13, Toronto, CFNY) what about making an audio tape-tree of
her radio appearances?  I can probably be a dubber (using audio tape
or even higher-quality VHS HiFi as my dub source, no DAT though).  I
could even compile the master but I'm sure there are people out there
with better equipment for this.

Because it's audio tape only, this could also include stuff from other
countries and be a world-wide tape-tree to *all* gaffans!  It could
even have audio only copies of _TV_ appearances from _any_ country and
other things that aren't commercially available.  I imagine most of us
don't have access to satellite dishes, cable companies that carry
CFNY, or live close enough to Toronto to receive the CFNY broadcast
(at least I guess these are the only ways to hear it in answer to
Markku).  Most have even less access to Z100 and appearances in other
countries.

We can take the bootleggers out of the loop.  An audio tape tree
should be much simpler than the VHS tree.  We may need more than one
tape but it's still pretty simple.  Pre-formatting it to 90 minute
tapes might be a good idea since doing it SASE is definitely best.

Do I remember correctly that she is to be on Much Music?  It would
be great to have that on the next video tape tree but we could also
put it on audio tape as well if it translates well.

"Whad'ya think, sirs?" -- MST3k
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?