Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate questions

From: KROVETZ%coins@cs.umass.edu
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 93 07:34 EST
Subject: Kate questions
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Unfortunately I can't make it down to NY, but if any of you are able
to ask her questions:

1. Near the end of "Love and Anger" you say something that I can't make out.
   Something like "? and Jet" or "? and Jest".  Can you tell me what you are
   saying?
   [it's about 30 seconds before the end, and you can see it in the video]

2. Have you ever thought of singing a song in Gaellic?

3. Eric Idle was the host during your appearance on Saturday Night Live, and
   you've sung the title song for Terry Gilliam's film `Brazil'.  Can you
   tell me anything about your association with Monty Python?  How did you
   meet them?
   [Kate has mentioned Monty Python a few times in her interviews.  For example,
    she noted that Time Bandits is one of her favorite movies.  I also wonder
    if `Waking the Witch' was influenced by the scene from `Monty Python and The
    Holy Grail', where they try to dunk the person to see if she's a witch.]

4. Why is there a difference between the version of "Be Kind to My Mistakes"
   from the Castaways film and the one that was released as a b-side?

5. Finally, What is your favorite colour?
   [asked with the proper intonation, i.e., the emphasis on "what"!]

Cheers,
Bob

krovetz@cs.umass.edu