Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IGG Alert! (was Re: KATE Alert!/TORI Alert!)

From: lazlo%ariel.unm.edu@hydra.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: 9 Dec 1993 16:12:45 -0700
Subject: Re: IGG Alert! (was Re: KATE Alert!/TORI Alert!)
To: rec-music-gaffa@rodan.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

chris williams <chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> He told another close friend, who called about another artist and started
> chatting, that Kate Bush fans were suckers who would pay practically any
> price for stuff.

As impolitic as it might be to say so to one of your friends, Chris, this
is completely correct.  Nobody would be bothering to produce the stacks of
aftermarket colleKTorscum trinkets that litter the pages of Goldmine if it
wasn't.

> It's also probable that the things he gets signed will be some of his
> highest markup items. I can just see his next newsletter: "British TWW
> Box Set - *Signed* by Kate!!! - $750.00 (3 only)."

And if someone is crazy enough to pay that price, what do you care?  This
isn't food or housing we're talking about here.  I've seen inflated prices
on plenty of goodies I've wanted to buy and while it might annoy me that I
can't afford them, if the sellers can get their asking prices, more power to
them.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)