Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IGG Alert! (was Re: KATE Alert!/TORI Alert!)

From: larry@csccat.cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: 9 Dec 93 15:25:19 CST (Thu)
Subject: Re: IGG Alert! (was Re: KATE Alert!/TORI Alert!)
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@netcom.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>In article <m0p6u0L-000il6C@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:
>
>>   Larry, be assured that many people find this crap quite annoying,
>>   and I have stated many other reasons to wish AB and IGG out of the
>>   Katemarket. I'm quite sure that AB will be in that line at Tower
>>   trying to get a whole bunch of things signed to sell at grossly
>>   inflated prices. *Please* don't patronize this leach.

My intention wasn't to say, "get IGG out of the Katemarket" -- AB may be a
perfectly wonderful fellow for all I know.  However, I find the blatantly
commercial, and partly non-Kate-related, price listings to be obnoxious.
I read this newsgroup/mailing list for info on Kate and related artists
(and, to avoid further flames, I think we would all agree that Pearl Jam
is not Kate-related, right?), not sales pitches.  So it's nothing personal,
just MHO that the content of IGG's posting(s) are not appropriate for gaffa.
I see no reason why they can't just post a pointer to where to get a price
list, unless they want to cram this stuff down our throats in the interest
of selling a few more discs.  A fellow fan selling a couple of items from
their personal collection is one thing, but postings deceptively titled
"KATE Alert!" that turn out to be sales hype is another...

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat.cs.com