Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate in Toronto 3

From: aj796@Freenet.carleton.ca (Tippi Chai)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 20:50:17 GMT
Subject: Kate in Toronto 3
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

CFNY has been giving out one "double pass" to see "The Curve..." every hour.
You have to be the 5th caller to get thru when they play the
"Free Ticket Wicket" jingle.  I've called about, oh, 300 times or
so today (thank goodness for speed dialing software) but all I got were
busy signals.  They said on the air that their phone is melting from
all the calls begging for passes, but they make absolutely no exceptions -
you have to get thru when the "Free Ticket" thing is happening.
Even EMI does not have any passes (so they say).  Oh well.  5 more days
to try.  (Are there any secrets to getting thru these call-ins?)

JUST ANNOUNCED: after the screening, KaTe will be shuttled to the CFNY
radio station, where they will be conducting a live interview
BROADCAST WORLDWIDE BY SATELLITE, AND TAKING FANS' QUESTIONS.  Listeners
are invited to drop by and oggle thru the window.  They'd better get
some cops there to control the mob!  This will happen on Monday night
at 11 p.m. (Toronto is in the same time zone as NYC).  I don't know
which line they'll use for the phone-in, but the "contest" line is
(416)-870-3343.  More details as they're announced...
--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada      aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"To where the water and the earth caress" Kate Bsuh