Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's NY Appearance

From: dfl@panix.com (Danny O'Bedlam)
Date: 3 Dec 1993 01:39:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate's NY Appearance
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <9312022038.AA11213@accint.com> jrp@accint.COM writes:

>FYI, I've called Tower, and they claim that they've had a bunch of calls
>already, and told me to show up very early. (Although, I suspect many were
>from rejoicing Love-Hounds all over the country.)

I was at tower tonight and there are KATE BUSH signs all over the place
advertising the fact that kate will be there making her first US appearance
in 10 years at Tower Records on 4th St and Broadway - she's also on the
cover of the current (Holiday) issue of PULSE!, Tower's inhouse rag.

Well, I didnt make it last time - I think it was between Hounds and Whole
Story (1984?), that she did an appearance/signing there.  But I heard
about it - the line was many blocks long, and people were limited in
how many items they could get her to sign, and for the most part each
was limited to a few seconds.  I don't know if she's gonna do a number
or two or not, somehow I doubt it seriously.

I think I will stay away.  I have the album.  Sad to say I don't like it
all that much (!) and I don't like standing in very long lines even if it
is to see Kate Bush (yow).  I will try to listen for the radio appearance
instead.

--
Danny Lieberman PO Box 3131 Church St Sta New York NY 10008-3131 [USA]
dfl@panix.com, danny@echonyc.com, lieberd@cbc.com