Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS Appreciation

From: csh050@cch.coventry.ac.uk (Spaceman Spiff)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1993 16:20:56 GMT
Subject: TRS Appreciation
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cck.coventry.ac.uk (news user)

Just my two-penn'orth re:The Red Shoes.

And So Is Love -
		When I bought the album I slung it into my walkman and listened
through RBG (somewhat impatiently, having owned the single for a month I was
anxious to hear some NEW Kate..).  ASIL turned out to be a wonderfully sad,
mournful love song, the bluesy guitars were unexpected and worked rather well.

Eat The Music -

               Well _I_ like it!  Lovely, bouncy, happy, unusual and one of
my favourites on the album.  The sooner this gets a UK single release, the
better.

Moments of Pleasure -
               First heard this on 'Aspel & Company', thought it a bit
fragmented, lyrically, and generally quite ordinary.  Further listens have
revealed it to be a real gem of a song, one of those really, achingly,
melancholy songs that ol' KT does so well.
	       The lyrics seemed so hard to follow due to their obscure 'in'
references, a fact which now seems to add to their appeal - some of the
references are so seemingly personal that you feel as though you have been a
fly on the wall in somebody's (Kate's) most intimate moments.

Big Stripey Lie -
		Not my favourite song on the album, good - but not that good.

Lily -
		Wow! (ahem) Kate is, like, into ceremonial Magick 'n' stuff.
Cool.  Has there been a 'Parental Advisory' sticker slapped onto this album
in the states? :-)  I mean, first Kate uses the word 'bullshit', then reveals
herself to be an obvious *SATANIST!* (my apologies to the alt.magick crowd).

The Red Shoes -
		Brilliant, just brilliant.  Makes me want to jump around.
Lots.

Constellation of the heart -
		Hated this at first, now I love it to bits.  Funny old world.

Thus endeth the comments.

PS  Does anyone know were to get a Kate T-Shirt in the UK?  I cant find on
ANYWHERE!

Stu.

--
Spaceman Spiff/Stuart Houghton.
Unflinching Agent of the Counter Culture