Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love is the Law : MAGICK and CROWLEY

From: allan.balliett@his.com (Allan Balliett)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1993 12:14:31
Subject: Love is the Law : MAGICK and CROWLEY
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

This is hilarious that Kate has dropped allusions to the pentagram rituals!

Several years back...hmmm, half a decade?...in a promotion for THE WHOLE
STORY
and the singles involved with it, we (Intergalactic) put out a list entitled
DECEMBER WILL BE MAGICK AGAIN. Kate's pagan spirit always seemed to us to be
an integral part of the joy she brings to life. For this reason, the pun
seemed obvious.

Did we ever get a response to that mailing! It was the first time we had
people write to us and ask to be REMOVED from the Kate Bush mailing list!
(Good Thing we've never done a Smurf issue!) That's ok though, we're not
bigots, but we always figured there should be some way to filter the
religious
right from singer/songer writer mailing lists! :-)  I do find it rather
surprising though that such small minded people would be attracted to Kate's
sensuous appreciation of the world!

-Allan

WARNING!!!! Commercial msg follows ===========================================

You can avoid embarassment* at your local book store by ordering Crowley
books
through the mail. Ask for our complete list of Crowley and Magick titles by
sending mail to this address with the subjet 'igg-magick'. We also carry the
Crowley CD which includes the Pentagram ritual as performed (performed, not
explained!) back in the 40's (recorded on a wire recorder, transfered to CD
for your convenience)

Also, a new Kate list is available by requesting igg-kate at the same address
(subject: igg-kate). Several wonderful new magazine covers and articles + the
ltd litho  (for RBG) and other goodies!

Take Care!

-Allan
igg@his.com