Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Shoe Box, singles, Jane, Sarah and other stuff

From: <ecurrent@IO.ORG>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 12:51:03 -0500
Subject: The Shoe Box, singles, Jane, Sarah and other stuff
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

(Those of you offended by net-based advertising might want to hit 'n' or
equivilent right about now....)

I just thought I'd make a quick post to remind you all of the existance
of The CD Bar and our mail order service, and to list the various Kate
releases available from us right now, as well as some other stuff that
KateFans might be interested in.

Kate stuff currently in stock includes...

- The Shoe Box: a very limited edition release from EMI UK which
  features a CD copy of "The Red Shoes", a black Red Shoes t-shirt, and
  a Red Shoes lapel pin, all packaged in a black shoe box.
- "Moments of Pleasure": we currently have copies of the 1st UK "MoP" CD
  single in stock, with the 2nd part arriving this week (Wednesday 24th).
- still in stock as well are copies of the "Eat The Music" (US) and
  "Rubberband Girl" (UK) CD singles.
- we also have copies of both the US and Canadian pressings of "The Red
  Shoes", which feature slightly different covers and different labels
  (Sony in US, EMI in Canada) from each other.

In addition to the above, we have access to *any* Kate release (or any
other release, for that matter) currently in print in Canada, the US,
the UK, Europe, Japan, or Australia.

And yes, EMI Canada still assures us that the "This Woman's Work" box
*will* be put back into print up here in Canada very soon.  Once it
happens, I'll let you all know.

And some other stuff that KateFans might appriciate...

- Cocteau Twins "Evangeline" EP (featuring 2 non-album tracks) is
  currently in stock, and 2 releases are upcoming: the "Winter
  Wonderland" EP for Christmas (expected to arrive Dec 8), and a second
  single from "Four Calendar Cafe" early in the new year.
- All Jane Siberry releases, including "The Walking" (deleted in the US)
  and "Summer In The Yukon" (a UK/Europe-only compilation)
- All Happy Rhodes releases
- Sarah's "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" (no release outside of Canada until
  the new year) and "Possession" EP

To order any of the above, or for more information on these or any other
releases, call our North America wide toll free line (1-800-663-1616),
or drop me a line through email (cdbar@sizone.pci.on.ca).

Greg