Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: NFE

From: "Ottis R." <BOYD@unb.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 12:55:49 GMT
Subject: Re: NFE
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@unb.ca

In article <CGx877.2A8@acsu.buffalo.edu> v088kczb@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Bruce L Young) writes:
>In article <5425.9311121107@cs3.brookes.ac.uk>, p0070421@cs3.oxford-brookes.ac.uk (smith drt) writes...
>>
>>Am I alone in thinking that Never For Ever is KaTe's best album?
>>

>Not only do I firmly believe NFE to be KaTe's best, I also think it's probably
>one of the two or three best albums of all time.

I agree with Bruce's assessment of NFE (so far -- my copy of TRS
still hasn't arrived in town yet).  I also wanted to
inform anyone who's interested that I finally got around to
listening to NFE from the Canadian TWW box, and it is only lightly
"enhanced" if at all.  Very crisp - "Delius" blows me away.

The score (for those playing at home) is:

           THE KICK INSIDE -- bass & drums re-mastered heavy
              LIONHEART    -- zero tweakage
           NEVER FOR EVER  -- minimal enhancement

Looking forward to THE DREAMING        -- Ottis