Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Red Shoe on the Other Foot

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 93 04:45:10 EST
Subject: Re: The Red Shoe on the Other Foot
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

David.Vinson@lambada.oit.unc.edu (david eugene vinson) writes:

>Margaret Dumont is the large older lady that served as Grouch's straight
>woman in the best Marx Brothers movies. He was simultaneously intrigued
>and repelled by her, much like I am by Drukman...

Ah yes, Chris said that I should have asked him, he's the Marx Bros
fan in the family. After a memory jog I was able to picture her in
my mind. Chris pointed out to me that Margaret Dumont was playing it
absolutely straight, he says he heard that she didn't even know the
films she was making were comedies. So I guess we're not that much
alike, since I know when Jon's trying to be funny (which he is most
of the time) and when he's trying to be serious. Ok, well, maybe I don't
know when he's trying to be serious. Maybe Jon is never serious. He's a
funny guy, so it's hard to tell. Since I find *everything* Jon says
to be falling-on-the-floor halarious, it doesn't really matter if
he's trying to be serious, it still comes out funny to me.

Whatta guy! You just gotta love him!

Vickie

ps, ObKate: Ok, ok, She *REALLY* IS!!