Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Minor, Minor Kate-related Sighting

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 16:54 CST
Subject: Re: Minor, Minor Kate-related Sighting
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Chris here,

>> Why is this worth mentioning?  Because Wired isn't a traditional record
>> industry publication.  And because somebody is spending money on the
>> ad to promote the album.  I guess they think there is a good correlation
>> between Kate fans and multimedia/computer geeks.
>
>Speaking of which, has anyone seen KT mentioned in Mondo 2000?  A couple
>months ago it was mentioned they were confirmed for promotion or something
>like that.  Also Mondo 2000 has talked about music before, but I've not
>seen an issue in a long time.

   I think they have gone belly-up, and good riddance too. Everyone who
read Mondo 2000, trying to ween some small amount of actual information
from between the inane fashion layouts, arrogant yet ignorant editorial
stance and headache-inducing "design" (featuring innovations like purple
type on a dark brown background), has switched to Wired.

   Hopefully R. U. Sirus is now working at a copy shop, a job for which
he is infinitely better suited.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)