Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Angels and mysteries of e-mail

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 16:36 CST
Subject: Re: Angels and mysteries of e-mail
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Prince is definitely singing on WSILY.  He is singing on the "Of" part
>of the first line of the Chorus (Of all the people in the world...) and
>he sings the "Why should I love you .... why should I love" part at the
>end alone.  He was supposed to sing the Lenny Henry part (The finest
>purple...) but that got lost.
>
>Lori K.

   Actually the Lenny Henry part doesn't strike me as Prince-like, so
much as Kate's take on one of her faves, Steely Dan. "The finest
purple..." vocal sounds like it would fit perfectly on _Aja_, and
specifically the song _Peg_. He doesn't sound anything like Prince,
and he sounds quite a bit like (Kate forgive me) Micheal McDonald,
minus fifty percent of the marbles usually in his mouth.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)