Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush + Peter Gabriel (Dont Give Up) on Oprah!

From: Phineas <phin@west.darkside.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 00:38:06 PST
Subject: Re: Kate Bush + Peter Gabriel (Dont Give Up) on Oprah!
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU
Comments: If the phone doesn't ring, it's me

arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs) writes:

> at895@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Kevin F. Holy) writes:
> > by Peter Gabriel..."Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush"!
> ..
> > was wondering what album that's on.. I've got a sudden urge ot hear it. =)
>
> It's on _So_ and I love it.  (Yeah, I know some of you hate it.  _So_?)
> ---

I love it too... especially the great bridge.  Did you all know
there were two videos made to this song... one of which is among
the infrequent ones that are done all in one shot/take.  Gabriel's
song, Washing of the Water, on US, is somewhat reminiscent of this
song.  I wish he would do some more duets with Kate, though, their
voices go well together... perhaps something with more lyrics sung
by both of them at the same time and/or more upbeat.  Great song
though.

--Phineas Narco