Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Phone ringing on "The Red Shoes" track

From: langrlld@rtsg.mot.com (Daniel J. Langrill)
Date: 17 Nov 1993 14:39:32 GMT
Subject: Re: Phone ringing on "The Red Shoes" track
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9311170729.AA06572@pilot.njin.net>,
Vickie Mapes <vickie@pilot.njin.net> wrote:
>sikesm@umich.edu (Marvin Wayne Sikes) writes:
>
>>This is going to sound strange, but has anyone else been listening to
>>"The Red Shoes" with headphones on and had the volume up so lound that
>>you couldn't hear anything else.  I have and everytime I listen to this
>>track I can swear I hear a phone ringing.  The first couple times this
>>happened, I just thought it was the phone in my room.
>
>You're definitely not crazy, I hear it too. It's made me take off my
>headphones and reach for the phone a few times.

What about on MoP?  Maybe it's just my disk, but I keep hearing something
that sounds like an audio glitch or something.  It starts at about 1:30
and happens a couple of times.  It's a VERY high-pitched sound, like
Kate's microphone clipped or something.  It's a sound that really makes
me uncomfortable (ala nails on a blackboard), which is disappointing,
since I love MoP so much.

I can't pick it up on my cheapie headphones at work, but I always hear
it in my car...The CD isn't scratched in the slightest, and I don't think
that it's my speakers, 'cause the ONLY time I've EVER heard this is during
MoP, and always at the same places.

I've been trying to get one of my friends to listen for it on his disk,
but he keeps forgetting...So, I thought I'd open it up to the public :)

Anyone else hear it?
--

Dan Langrill
langrlld@marble.rtsg.mot.com