Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Phone ringing on "The Red Shoes" track

From: Marvin Wayne Sikes <sikesm@umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1993 22:38:56 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Phone ringing on "The Red Shoes" track
To: Kate Mail <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

This is going to sound strange, but has anyone else been listening to
"The Red Shoes" with headphones on and had the volume up so lound that
you couldn't hear anything else.  I have and everytime I listen to this
track I can swear I hear a phone ringing.  The first couple times this
happened, I just thought it was the phone in my room.  But then I played
the song while my roomate was in the room and the same thing happned.  He
said the phone didn't ring.  So that means that the sound is maybe a
phone ringing in the background when the song was recorded.  Does anyone
have any comments on this.  By the way, I got my copy Saturday and have
been listening to it for the last 36 hours basically nonstop.  And I'm
enjoying every second of it.  All the songs are perfect even "Why Should
I Love You".  I don't see why very many other people don't like.  That's
only my opinion.