Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah on MuchMusic

From: Les <WADD@VM1.YorkU.CA>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 22:17:36 EST
Subject: Sarah on MuchMusic
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Sarah McLachlan was in Toronto today and was interviewed at the MuchMusic studi
os.  Here are some tidbits....sorry I didn't tape it.  The song Possession was
based on a collection of fan letters that were demanding and possessive. This
disturbed her so she wrote the song as a way of dealing with it.  It is sung
from the point of view of the fan(s).

The interviewer was Ziggy but she did bring up something of interest:

Ziggy: "Do You know who's a big fan of yours...?  Tori Amos!"
Sarah: "Really?  I'm a big fan of hers too."
Ziggy: "You two should get together...that would be neat."

Anyway.....I'm looking forward to seeing her at Massey Hall next week.  She's
never played there before.
Les

The Red Shoes: All I'm going to say on this subject is that all this bickering
is pointless.  State your opinion....agree or disagree...but hurling insults
does not improve upon your point of view.  Such children!