Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS videotapes (was: TRS Play Order AND MORE!!!)

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 08:07:51 -0700
Subject: TRS videotapes (was: TRS Play Order AND MORE!!!)
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au writes:

> TWO TRS promo CD'S and a VIDEO!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! :-) First to the CD's. The

You lucky dog!!  :)

> clip this time and to the end we also get various flashes of 'The Line, the
> Cross, the Curve". Now I think this is where what I've got is different from
> what everyone else has seen. I gather from all the postings that the US
> love-hounds get the same video BUT don't get any voice over. I get full sound
> and voice for these small clips from the video (TRS soundtrack is sort of muted
> to the background) So I can hear Lily say 'She's under the spell of The Red
> Shoes', etc.

No, it sounds the same.  We get a total of about 8 individual clips
from the film in the video and you can hear what they are saying.
Does that sound the same?  One of my posts about the video quoted "You
are under the spell of the red shoes" and "It's really happening to
ya."  However the music isn't really muted much if at all.  Of course
we got it on MTV, not a cool tape with the other stuff!!

Is this tape the same as the one mentioned as being in the promo box
that Marcel saw at a music convention?  (except it's the Australian
version?)

Marcel Rijs says:
> with a 'Red box' picture on it. This was the official EMI promo box
> set, containing a video, the CD, a pen wrapped in a red ribbon and
> a parchment [?] biography of Kate. The dealer asked no less than
> 500 guilders for it! (Which is probably about $250 / 166 UK
> pounds.) A total disgrace, if you ask me.
> The same dealer had a 'sell-through' sheet (as he called it) with
> a promo video. That went for 40 UK pounds.
> Quite some misery to go through, 'cos I wasn't prepared to pay that
> much for things I partly have already (This being the actual
> videorecordings, 'RBG' clip and the sacred "Moments of pleasure" as
> performed on the UK show "Aspel", july this year, and the music on
> the promo).

Are Marcel's two tapes the same and also the same as Graham's?

P.S. - Sorry about that double-post.  It told me it didn't work the 1st time.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?